The Council Of Unity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Council Of Unity

Forum Boards For All Things Illumina

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lore for Sonora

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
godoggo

Lore for Sonora Empty
PostSubject: Lore for Sonora   Lore for Sonora I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 12:28 am

Acur and Priu had been together for a long time. Their relationship was extremely confidential, no one (or at least they hoped) knew of it. Acur was the leader of a small fleet often placed in the front lines, and was well-known above the commoners because of his rapid ascencion to power. A silent one, Priu was universally shunned and forgotten, except to Acur. They were an unusual couple, one reason why they felt safe together. The Enlightened was an old secret society, founded by Acur's great-grandfather. Over the years, leadership had been passed down to Acur. The Enlightened Ones (members of the society) all desired power over the Advent in order to spread their ideas of extreme PsiTech. They had a very strong desire to avenge their ancestors, and with their advanced techniques, they believed it was possible to achieve true annihilation of the TEC.

However, a long-time member betrayed the society and revealed it to the outside world. Acur and the other members were to be silenced (removed from the collective mind and imprisoned). By this time, Priu was already 5-months pregnant. The evening before the silencing ceremony, Acur told Priu of the secret compartment in their basement containing the history of the Enlightened Ones. He told her to show it to the child when he was born.

Sonora was born on a stormy day, an inauspicious omen. He grew up quickly, but never went to school, being the son of a silent one. He was never taught the rules of society, obedience, but most of all, the dangers of psychic powers. Fascinated by his powers, he dedicated most of his time experimenting with them. Sonora's strength improved drastically, and by the age of ten, he had the powers of a fully realized adult. Priu watched him, and with increasing fear of his power, hesitated to inform him of The Enlightened. But her love of Acur was stronger, and she told him when he was 15. At first, Sonora rejected the idea, but after long thought, he realized the possibilities. Thus, The Enlightened was reborn.

It slowly accumulated members like Sonora, people who had adnormally strong psychic powers. At their age, the normal way to ascend the ranks of society would be through hard work. But the Enlightened Ones weren't normal. They used power to achieve their positions, quickly rising from the weapons manager of a Disciple Vessel to the commander of a Iconus Guardian. But from then on, attempts to rise through the ranks by use of pure power were too public to be carried out. The only way to rise through the ranks secretly and achieve true power would be by taking the classic route of hard work.

What will happen to Sonora and the other Enlightened Ones? Will they learn the rules of society in order to rise through the ranks? Or will they try to use power to get what they want?
Back to top Go down
A.Setsuna
Admin
Admin
A.Setsuna

Lore for Sonora Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lore for Sonora   Lore for Sonora I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:07 am

Cool stuff godoggo, im looking foward to see your lore develope further when each of the factions start up the war games.
Back to top Go down
https://theillumina.board-directory.net
godoggo

Lore for Sonora Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lore for Sonora   Lore for Sonora I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Thanks. I know already that Sonora will have a tough time figuring out what to do (since I will have a tough time in multiplayer at first), but after that, I'm not sure what will happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lore for Sonora Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lore for Sonora   Lore for Sonora I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lore for Sonora
Page 1 of 1